Porcelain stoneware has always been one of the most popular materials in the building industry. Sturdy, inexpensive, long-lasting ceramic tiles and slabs are today also a choice aesthetically in the forefront thanks to new digital graphic technologies.
However, not everyone remembers that stoneware is also:
1. Safe: it originates from the earth and is natural, does not contain plastic and is completely recyclable. Porcelain stoneware is a completely vitrified material, therefore non-absorbent and very sturdy.
2. Hygienic: it does not harbour dirt or bacteria. It is odourless, does not release harmful substances into the environment (unlike many other materials) and is easy to clean with all household cleaning products.
3. Long-lasting: unchanging over the years. It does not age because it does not change and is easy to look after. It features the highest levels of resistance to treading and abrasion among all covering materials, something which brings direct benefits as regards the life span of the material.
4. Fireproof: made from clay and sand using a heat process at over 1,000°C, it is an inert material. In case of fire, it does not release harmful substances, neither for human beings nor the environment, because it does not burn.
5. Resistant: it is a strong material and can also be installed outdoors because it does not deform under the heat of the sun, does not freeze and resists the chemical detergents.
6. Versatile: with its endless number of sizes, colours and material effects, it is suitable for any style and environment. Ideal for floors and walls, it can be used for indoor and outdoor spaces thanks to its particular resistance, including thanks to increased thicknesses.
7. Stable: a ceramic floor is practical and stable and can be easily installed in both domestic and public environments.
8. Sustainable: porcelain stoneware tiles and slabs respect the environment and are produced in compliance with all international standards. They are made from natural raw materials such as clay, feldspar, sand and kaolin; they last over time and are non-deformable, resistant to frost and chemical agents, hypoallergenic and odourless, but above all they are totally recyclable at the end of their life span. The characteristics of the product are combined with a highly technological industrial production process, certified EN ISO 9001 and EN ISO 14001.
Ceramics are made from natural clays and are completely recyclable; once installed, they are hygienic, do not harbour dirt or bacteria and are odourless. Ceramics do not burn or release harmful substances, not even during a fire; ceramics do not absorb, do not discolour in the sun, do not freeze and are a hard-wearing material perfect for use in residential and public environments. Better to use ceramics. Better to use Ceramiche Piemme.